Wednesday, June 29, 2011

KFC's Ole Pocketful Unboxing

You guys might be familiar with the 'unboxing' concept, it's basically just the writer unboxing something and showed what's inside that stuff to the readers.

Kentucky Fried Chicken Malaysia had recently launched a new tasty treat called Ole Pocketful,  not so new cos' it's actually a pocket shaped version of the ridiculously french bread shaped KFC Twister and the have released the same thing way back when with an even ridiculous name - Banditto Pockett ! Back in 2010 the same thing is released but with a lightly boring name, Toasted Pocketful.

via smashpop
"Yes that's double 't' and you think I'm kidding"

Recently, I have a chance to taste the so-called new Ole Pocketful in my local KFC which of course, paid all by myself. I bought the combo which includes Mountain Dew and Wedges, also, with every purchase of the combo you get to buy a die-cast mini Mini Cooper car for MYR5 and the car is also included with a signatu... nope! you only get the mini car, nothing else.

Via zehobby.blogspot.com
"WARNING: This ad is deceiving"

Then I took a few pictures from my Ole Pocketful experience.

"Nice package"

Notice how in the ad above, the chicken, the chips, the sauce and everything inside the tortilla bread are like struggling to get out as if the pocket is so full of everything, well KFC is 'full' of it ! See it for yourself...

"UNBELIEVABLE !!!"

Ugh, instead of getting what shown in the ad, I got a pocketful (more like half pocketful!) of this with a burnt pita bread. So, an ad is an ad they wanted to attract you and to escape from getting complaint letter from customer they stick a little warning - "Serving and items featured are for illustration purpose only", well they should add "Don't expect the real thing to be close to this"

So I put the thing in my mouth and it actually taste good especially the combination of the sauce and the pineapple bits with the Colonel's chicken.

There it is, my Ole Pocketful unboxing, the good thing about this is this item is unique to KFC because there are no other fast food outlet that offer this thing unless you go to some sort of Mexican restaurant which I doubt its existence. The bad thing... well, I've said it in the whole post. I was trying to take some picture of the things inside the 'pocketful' but the KFC crew were starting to notice my behavior, you know that I don't like being noticed in public.

 "The pocket from different angle, nope still not 'pocketful' to me"

P/S: The Spanish people (err... Spaniard, Spainian, never mind) say Ole ! when they suceed in doing something.

Via wn.com
"Ole ! Just change the name and people will buy it again!"

3 comments:

Miki Aya said...

Haha. Exaggerating ja dia pny ad ni. tp, since you've said that it actually tasted good, i might try that sometime later.

thegossipgeek / taylor said...

ya, u should try first la, tapi saya rasa ok juga la...

thegossipgeek / taylor said...

yes certainly Mr Lonely

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com