Monday, April 11, 2011

STARBUCKS IS NOW EQUAL TO PORK

Starbucks (ma boisson préférée) is considered not halal ! Yikes !

According to this site,

Starbucks is considered haram by JAKIM, because …

Please note that all chocolate, vanilla and coffee drinks at Coffee Bean and Starbuck contains E471 (Emulsifier 471), mono di-glycefides which is from animal origin (pork). Raspberry Frap uses cherries that has been dip in alcohol & the tiramisu contains rum. Please pass this message to our muslim friends.

That was the real excerpt taken from that site and upon Google-searching I found out that mono di-glycefides (bolded for reason) is not a real food additives.

starbucks“From this picture you can assume that mono di-glycefides probably doesn’t exist and that my SafeSearch is off (hey, I’m no pervert !!)”

Other than the non existant substance originated from pigs, the site also stated that the cherry is dipped in alcohol and the tiramisu contains rum.

E471 used in food product are normally from plant origin because of concern on vegetarians, Muslim, Jew, and mad cow disease, but it’s not impossible if there’s some trace of pig in there.

Personally I never tried the Raspberry frap myself , so no comment on the alcohol glazed cherries that.


Hangover after drinking Starbucks, wow, that’s new

I don’t know any drinks with the name Tiramisu on the menu or maybe they were talking about the cakes, but if they do put rum in it, HELL YEAH, I’M EATIN ONE !!!

But, I do research in the Halal Malaysia and found that Starbucks does have certificate which is valid until the Apocalypse (2012… duh… )

Well, is this hoax (made up by competition, Coffee Bean maybe Smile) or real? well, either way it won’t affect my relationship with Starbucks.

UPDATE:

Starbucks had applied certificate from Halal Industry Development Global.

Coffee Bean is totally safe (mmm… *shifty eyes*)

Oh my gosh! Busted ! Starbucks is now safe !!! (source)

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com