Monday, August 22, 2011

Never Lie In An Interview

I had a job interviews last week (after like 20 applications !). I think I did a great job for a first interview but I screwed up on the 'hard skill' question, so advice for job seeker out there, do study everything about the job you're applying.

In the first interview I was being too honest. They ask me if I'm willing to be relocated and I straight away answered them that I prefer to be near my hometown which I think is not the answer they're looking for but on the positive side they thought my English was good and I am actually friendly.

Then I thought I shouldn't be too honest for the next interview and when the second interviewer (in the second interview) asked me if I played sport I was hesitant to answer at first because I don't like sports that much. But I said 'yes' anyway and he asked what kinda sports.Guess what my answer is... - freakin' ping pong a.k.a. table tennis.

I thought I can't get away with that but he replied with "Oh great, we need someone to teach these people about ping pong and you can be the best candidate". I was like "I'm screwed"... Y'all know I don't play ping pong !  ! !

But, anyway I should get the interview result within this week, wish me luck, I gotta watch some ping pong vids on YouTube, y'all know, just in case...



0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com